So for our anniversary in December Lynn got us tickets to a WILD Hockey game for Valentine's Day. And YES, I was excited!! It is a special pasttime for us. When the WILD first started we were just dating. We have gone every year (pretty sure) since then. The years since having kids we've gone once or twice a season. I have grown to really like watching hockey and have learned more how it's played. We've always lived within 10-15 minutes of downtown St. Paul so that's made it easy and fun. And Lynn gets great seats too!! (although there really aren't any bad seats in the Xcel)
This time I brought "Flat Stanley" with us!!! Some of you may know of the book in which Stanley is flattened enabling him to be mailed anywhere and learn of that place. Well, my friend's son's class was reading it and he sent his Flat Stanley. Well I made our own then and brought him to the hockey game. We actually had a super fun time with him!! I tried really hard to get him on the big screen but to no avail.
So Valentine's Day was great...Heidi (Lynn's sister) came over to watch the girls and have the traditional cookie day/evening with all 4 of the girls...she is amazing!! Most holidays Heidi brings all of her supplies and dough and frosting and cutters to have the girls make sugar cookies. She makes it sooo special for them. What a favorite tradition the girls have with their Auntie....
Well after Heidi came Lynn and I went to Olive Garden (brought little V to feed her, only child for 1 1/2 hours) ate a great meal. We dropped V back off at our home and hurried downtown to the game.
Super fun. We definitely recalled our "DTR" which was on Vday...so this was our 12th Vday together!! wow!!
The Lord has blessed me incredibly to be married to Lynn Alan Wolters. He makes me feel like a princess. He is definitely my prince charming. I love him so much.
Lynn loves me and that makes me want to serve him and find ways to show him I love him. He has helped me become the person I am. He leads our family and our marriage relationship in a way that honors God and points our family to Him. He is not perfect :-) However, neither am I.
Happy Valentine's Day! Glad you had such a special evening. :)
ReplyDelete