Wow...so our family got sick right after New Year's for a week. Only a few sniffles and coughs are left. What a long week. Oh my...I guess we aren't sick very much but this year we've gotten everything now. It sure was miserable but we sure are thankful for our health even more now!!
Abigail has been so fun to watch lately. She has learned to walk!! We've been cheering her on for some time. She was the bright spot during our week of sickness. She learned to walk that week. I love to watch their first steps and figure out how to balance. I love to watch her. She seems to feel like the world has opened up to her a bit more. So more often now I hear "oh, no...Abigail is coming!!!" from Elliana and Madeline. She likes to be doing what they are doing most of the time. I have to balance play time with her and a little time to themselves. Here she is playing dress up.
We had to move our trip to my Mom and Dad's back a week because of how sick we were. I didn't think we could fit it in but Mom and Dad were flexible and it worked out great. They are going to take a month and a half to get away and go to Arizona from February to the middle of March. So we wanted to see them again. My Dad is coaching 3rd grade boy's bball in Stratford. The last time he coached was 9 years ago when he coached my brother, Matt's, team. It was about time he did again. So of course "bball practice" naturally came up during our stay several times!! Dad gets right at their level and they love it and take it seriously. Dad says Abigail can join practice not that she can walk :-)
The girls love love love to make something in the kitchen with my mom when we are there. Many times it has been apple pies. This time it was making zucchini bread for a tea party that morning. It was very good too! It does my heart so much good and I store tons of smiles and memories when I see them all together. They think the world of all their grandparents.
No comments:
Post a Comment