Well, I am finally back after not blogging for a while.
So, some of us have been sick twice since I've blogged. The Lord has brought to my attention that I have been a little prideful about our family's health over the years. This year has been full of sickness of every kind, just about.
Elliana and Madeline got so sick with Strep. It started at midnight for both and was incredibly painful for them the whole night (sleepless night for Mom #1). However, they didn't really complain of a sore throat...it was tummy for one and headache for the other. Thankfully, I knew it was going around and that was my initial thought. So we went right in the next morning, got tested, and got medicationl. Wow, that worked within hours. Less than 24 hours later they were pretty much back to normal. Abigail got it too but recovered quickly.
Last week Madeline got a terrible case of the flu. She vomitted and had diahrea for 30 hours straight and we still saw not much progress of getting better. So we were very concerned about her being dehydrated. So we called our clinic and they said to bring her to the Children's Hospital downtown St. Paul...the ER. I just ached for Madeline. She was sooo sick. She threw up 25-30 times and no pedialyte or powerade would stay down at all. (Sleepless nights 2 and 3 now). I brought Madeline to the ER and she didn't end of having IVs thankfully. However they gave her some medicine (Zofrin) to calm her stomach to help her to keep liquids down. We tested it at the hospital with a popsicle and she was good! Since then she has made slow progress to getting better. This virus was NOT a quick one, it wouldn't let go. She finally was up to eating a cracker after 4 days of eating nothing.
Then a couple nights later she awoke at 10:30pm crying hard. She was having terrible gas pains. Poor precious girl. I thought it would last a couple hours....no...it lasted the whole night (sleepless night # 4). She was in so much pain that she would role around on the floor. I would try to hold her but she would kick me in the stomach or be out of control because it hurt so bad. I was helpless. At least she wasn't vomitting!! And we knew what it was. I really regretted giving her a few things....some milk, orange juice and a couple other things. Her digestive tract wasn't ready for it yet. Live and Learn.
She is gradually eating more foods but wants to know, "When will I get to eat the food everyone else eats?" Soon soon....
So I haven't really wanted to go ANYWHERE with the girls lately.
I am finally sleeping in my bed all night! Last night I got to sleep through the night and wake up rested!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment