Between sicknesses I brought the girls to my parents house in Wisconsin for 4 nights. I had a project in the basement I wanted to do and we planned to go to a marriage conference in Minneapolis called a Weekend to Remember by Family Life (Dennis Rainey).
Project: So my project was to clean under, around, and behind my washing machine and dryer which is in the basement. I had never done that! It needed it soooo bad. I worked really hard and finally got the floor scrubbed and dried. Then i needed to scrape the cement block walls in some places. After cleaning that up I painted the walls...then I painted the floor area which the previous owner had done except under the two machines. Thankfully I had the same paint. It looks AMAZING now and I even like to go down to do my laundry now!!
Marriage conference: 'First of all....Lynn and I have a really good marriage and I am such a blessed girl to be married to him for so many reasons. But we wanted to have a weekend focused on US, our relationship. We don't know everything and we want to have the best marriage we can have.
The conference was really good! There was a husband/wife speaker and another guy who spoke. They were refreshing and used video clips to help make certain points throughout the weekend. The part that I didn't expect but was really good was the time they set aside for Lynn and I to do "projects" together...different things to think through first and then talk about. That was valuable for us. We were encouraged by hearing things we were doing well, then there were things we knew but needed to do better on and then there was one area that we both agreed to do much better on. We both bought a couple books too and came away with a plan/ideas.
If you are married remember that just like your relationship with the Lord, you are either growing closer to oneness with your spouse or growing closer to isolation. You don't just stay in one place. I know it can be easy to settle for "this is how we are and this is the way it's going to be" but DON'T!!
No comments:
Post a Comment